Sunday, September 7, 2008

...peach days, utah football, goodbyes, and home...

I absolutely LOVE going home!! Today I am dealing with the homesickness that I experience when I have been there for more than one day...so I am dealing:) Brandon and I had quite the busy weekend.

Thursday: I started the morning out bright and early at 5 a.m. to go and enjoy practice:) After practice I headed out to see my cute Chelsea where I wished her all the luck for her 10 day trip with her family. I headed to the LBC from there where I helped my grandma update her front room (mind you I am not a decorator), once my mom got home from work we went to Taco Time and then off to the Peach Queen Pageant (no comment). My mom and I always go to the pageant...one of my favorite Peach Days traditions:) I was so happy I ran into some old high school friends and I got to see my favorite Lindsey and her cutest little baby bump...I miss that girl like crazy!! I am sad I left my camera:(
Friday: Got up and went to breakfast with my grandma headed back to her place got ready and drove back to SLC for a little going away party for Tolley (we will miss him like crazy) It was fun to hang out with all of Brandon's friends that have been so nice and taken me in like I was one of them:) I was going to drive back to the LBC but decided I would rather get up early and head out, hoping I would not miss the Peach Days parade.Saturday: Woke up really early and headed home once again (everything that I get ready with was there...so early rising it was). My mom, Ryan, my "G", and myself headed out to the PD parade...we were all excited (Brandon had class Saturday morning). After the parade we headed off to the bleachers to watch the people. Finally Brandon got there and we ventured off to find some lunch...I swear I have never seen PD so packed before. Ryan left us and headed up to the Utah game and we walked down to the car show. Brandon's friend that held the Christopher Reeves car show entered his car:) but we couldn't find him anywhere...can you believe they had 908 cars!! That is incredible:) After we walked through the car show we headed into Idle Isle for some dinner. We watched Infinity dance and talked with many friends that we have not seen in some time...love them all. Brandon oh so subtly stated he would like to watch the Utah game (miss Peach Days?? come on now) so we went and watched the 3rd and some of the 4th quarter...I love Utah, so I guess it was ok, besides they put UNLV to shame:) Headed back to PD where Brandon and I rode the Zipper...seriously I think I am getting old. After we were down I felt so sick to my stomach....I missed my Amy girl on the ride (we were hoping to meet up, but it was busy). And basically that was Peach Days in a nutshell...I cannot believe another year is come and gone. I absolutely love it and would never miss it. I am so glad that Brandon could come and enjoy it and take a little piece of Brigham with him:)
Sunday: We headed to our home:( Brandon and I had separate vehicles and this is what I got to watch as we drove home....I don't enjoy watching him ride his bike because it scares me to death ( I realize not the safest thing taking pictures on the freeway)

8 comments:

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

Yes to "no comment" and yes I am up this late blogging because I am feeding! I love the pics. It was good seeing you there I think you and cute hubby need to start up with the "trend" and have babies. I know everyone probably says that but you would make very cute ones! Tell your man to stop riding that is horrifying! I had a mom in our ward almost lose her husband 2 weeks ago from it! And I too take pic on the freeway.. yikes we should be more careful!

{Rollins Family} said...

sounds like a LONG weekend, i can't belive you drove back and forth that much, you're nuts!
...i'm glad you got to ride the zipper, i missed going on it AGAIN this year, i watched Colter while eric played with our friends from ogden :(
too bad we missed eachother uop there, so many people i'm not surprised though.
cute pic pointing to the peach days sign. woo woo!

Unknown said...

My momma just said she ran into you at Peach Days! Wish I could have been there.

Brandie Page said...

Yeah looks like you guys had fun too. I didn't see anyone pretty much. I think cause my kids just wanted to go on rides the whole time so we didn't do much walking around.

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

That would be fun we usually come up but now with a baby its only once a month or so. We should double. My email is jhula12@hotmail.com email me your number and we will plan a date

Kristin Bishop said...

It was great to see you at Peach Days. YOU look as darling as ever.

Is your momma getting married? It's late and I can't remember if it is her....or somebody completely different...so if not, ignore me.

Jarom has recently become obsessed with my dad's motorcylce...we love going for rides!

Amy Lou said...

Cute pics :) Love Peach Days but this year I was kind of over it?... I think I am getting tired and old!!! LOL.. The fried oreos and infinity dance were my highlights! ha ha (and visiting with you of course)... I'm excited to do your hair Meg!!

Kortney said...

Welp, I super hate you for making me cry on that one. God I miss Tolley already. It super sucks being so far away. I think about you and snoop like everyday.

Miss you.