Friday, September 5, 2008

...i have been waiting...

I have been waiting to post about my amazing friends Tawny & Kortney. I have had to let my emotions sink in a bit before I could write about them... TK & Totey just recently up and moved to Corvallis, Oregon (no idea on spelling of the city). We have all been through a lot together and yet we are still as close as ever. We have had our typical ups and downs, but once we realize we couldn't survive without one another everything seems to work itself out. I would do anything for these girls and they are my sisters.

Kortney- I have known Kort since she was in her mothers womb:) (we are about 6 months a part). Her family is mine and mine is hers. We have been hanging out since we were little tykes always running a muck. I used to read to Kortney and she used to entertain me with amazing renditions of Future Rockette cheers...Can I hear...I SAID A BOOM CHICK A BOOM!! I spent every weekend of my intermediate, middle school, most of high school days at Korts house, sitting back sippin' on some Diet Coke, lemon juice, and a frequent Friday night delivery of Domino's. Those were the days. My best memories have always been with her and our amazing group of buddies. We have all gone in our different directions, but we all know that we have a special bond and although we don't talk to some or see each other as much the bond cannot be broken. Kort and I have had our share of ups and downs, but she knows whatever our current situation is I am always there for her. I don't know what my life would be like without my little spunky, f-word saying red head. Its funny really, I think I know Kort better than I know myself at times...I can read her like a book. Our personalities are nowhere near each other...so we honestly compliment one another:) Kortney is a beautiful person who is complex and sticks to her guns. She is stubborn as hell, but that is what makes her, her...I love her to pieces!!
My Tawny Jean- I believe Tawny and I officially met in sixth grade. I knew that she was a big time dancer, so in my heart of hearts I knew we were meant to be:) Tawny is the one person that has taught me what loyalty truly is. This girl would bend over backwards for her family and friends. She always puts others before herself. I admire, look up to , and strive to be like Tawny. I have danced with Tawny from about sixth grade on up to college and this girl is so graceful and talented that she stops me in my tracks. Tawny and I have a very unique relationship; we can be out of control and put on some killer music and literally dance to 20 something tracks in a row, we can go for car rides where we don't say a word and that is the most relaxing thing, we can look at each other and understand, we can always cry to one another, and man can she make me feel better when I am upset. Thank you for always taking care of me and the rest of the world TK hey ho:) Love you!!!

I wish them the best of luck and when I have a job and have some money....you better believe I am coming up there to rock Oregon!!! The picture below was our last Utah trio picture. It was after one of the longest days of my life...moving them, well Kortney, bless her heart she had the most stuff:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gol, make me cry. I love you. And I love those two. I sometimes hate time and how it splits people apart.

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

Thats hard, good thing you have your hubby to fall back on. Good seeing you at the pagent too! Again I love those photos 2 blogs ago!

Kylee said...

I still haven't dealt with my emotions about it. Seriously, I just try not to think about it. You've always been a great friend to Kort and a "little sister" to me. You still need to come visit and Holly and Dave's - even if Kort's not there.

Kortney said...

Oh dear lord. Bless your heart. I am really not that cool though. That's for sure. In fact, I am lame.

I don't know what I have done in my life to deserve the friends and family that I have. You are among the best folks I know, Mrs. Andersen.

I miss cruisin around listening to the most killer mixes both me and you could come up with. I miss softball. I miss getting wasted and sleepin by you and snoop. I miss drivin by all my boyfriend's houses and honking yelling out your window how much I loved them. I miss home movies including Phil Haywood, Bailey, Chris, and Brad. haha. I miss night games and all the video games you LOVED watching me and Wendy play. I miss Olympics and water kickball. I miss Jimmys got a girlfriend. I miss a million things.

God I fuckin love your ass.

Think of you always. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!