Tuesday, January 20, 2009

...hope over fear...

Couldn't even tell you why I feel the need to do this. Could be due to the fact that I just watched the Inauguration and never in my life did I see such a diverse crowd of people joining together not sad or upset but because they all believe in hope. It doesn't matter who I voted for, I couldn't help but feel a sense of peace and pride in our Country!!! I am not one to talk about politics. It seems to be a very sore spot to some. I write this not in any way tooting my political beliefs, but in excitement to see what is to come. We all need a little hope right now and it does not matter what political party you believe in or belong to, when faced with challenges to overcome we as Americans seem to always pull together and unite. So let this journey continue and believe for the best to come...

"America, in the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words. With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come. Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations." --President Barack Obama

No comments: