Thursday, October 2, 2008

...nnnnrrrr CRIMSON LINE KICKS...

I am so lucky that I was able to be on Crimson Line!! I absolutely LOVED it!! Oh and I am apologizing a head of time because I will be posting a few posts:) Anyways it was the University of Utah's homecoming last weekend...it was so so FUN!! The festivities for me however began on Thursday night. We celebrated 20 years with Lori Rupp!! She honestly someone that I look up to and respect in so many ways. She has decided to retire from the U as the CL coach after 20 years...what a legacy she has. She has build a respectable and incredible program that I am so proud to say I was a part of:) I am very lucky to have her in my life and very very luck that I am still under her direction with NightLine. I wish her all of the luck in the world...she is incredible!! We had a party for her last Thursday at the Hilton where we were able to have an awesome fashion show from 20 years of costumes, we were able to come together as alumni, and most importantly we highlighted all that Lori has done for each of us and the U of U!! Thank you Lori!!!
Every homecoming CL is invited back to perform during halftime...it is a BLAST!! We learn a dance the night before and then we perform it with the alumni band during homecoming haftime. I am so so happy when I am dancing...nothing beats dancing under the football lights, the HUGE crowd covered in red, and in Rice Eccles Stadium!! I cannot even describe the feeling of dancing...I just LOVE it!! I enjoyed being with old alumni and still seeing my little chicas from my last CL year dancing their hearts out. You will notice there are some killer poses where we are striking our "Stomp the Yard" we seemed to always do those poses to each other at basketball games. I had so so much fun and love being apart of the U and of CL!!

1 comment:

{Rollins Family} said...

what a fun thing to be able to do every year!! i didn't realize i knew so many people who danced on the crimson line :)