Monday, July 7, 2008

...which part: the gigantic hole in my wall or my wheel-less SAAB...

Oh...about a week ago I was getting ready when my cute husband came upstairs, by the look on his face I knew something was up. He told me, "we have a leak" I was like "fan-freaking-tastic" you see these past three months that I have been slaving away for the State....has been completely volunteering (if that is what you want to call it) so basically we are living on one salary! I am very thankful that we have been great...but I can't wait for these next three weeks to pass so I can make some MONEY. Anyways, I am straying from the subject at hand. So we have a leak, I am thinking great, new home...WARRANTY well that is what Brandon is thinking as well. The pipe that was leaking is a important pipe...it basically is our bathroom but the important part of this pipe is that it runs behind our vanity in our bathroom and down the wall in our kitchen. So on the 4th of July Brandon is showing our leaking pipe off, He and Tolley come to the conclusion that our builders will have to rip our cabinets off the wall where the pipe runs and rip our vanity out. Ok...I can live with that, I guess....I thought maybe they would accidentally throw some granite on my counters and tile on my floors:) So Brando called the builder on Thursday (7.3) and they came out first thing this morning (7.7) I get a text from Brando telling me it is all fixed...I was thinking wow that was painful...then the truth came out. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that it actually was his doing on why our pipe was leaking....so when we build our house we just had a range over the top of our stove. We wanted to put a microwave above so we did...little did I know or Brandon for that matter that he screwed like 2 or 3 screws directly into the pipe...thus causing leaking since the week we moved in...do buyers get warranty for their mistakes...I don't think so. But its cool I love my Brandon!!
My SAAB. I have never loved a car more, granted I only have had 2. She is trouble. About a month ago my air conditioning was going out and the passenger side was shaking and making the most obnoxious sound ever!! Turns out that my air compressor was going on and it was only time before my fan belt would give out and basically shut the entire car down. So we started looking into our options. Of course my warranty on the SAAB just went away...oh 3 months ago. Brandon has a friend that works on SAAB's so we get an estimate...$600.00 for the part $300.00 for labor. Well good thing Brandon loves cars because going to a shop apparently was not an option, he was fixing it. So out of curiosity we called SAAB (which I do love but it is a totally expensive car to fix) to see how much the part was there. The eager parts boy answered the phone and Brandon asked him how much this blah blah blah air compressor was and the boy stated $1400.00 for the part before he could tell Brandon the labor Brandon already disappointed him by saying no thanks...the poor boy was like we have 3 in stock...poor kid. Well tonight Brandon and his incredible father fixed my air compressor (which Brandon found one for way way cheap, cross your fingers it runs, JK) so thank you for spending your Monday evening fixing my beautiful SAAB!!

1 comment:

Ruth Emmett said...

Meghan! I'm glad you got your car fixed! And I'm so glad that you found my blog, now we can keep in touch. Hang in there at DCFS, I think you are amazing for doing that without getting paid! The end is coming!