Tuesday, May 13, 2008

...1 year...

I cannot believe Brandon and I have been married for 365 days...well 367 now. It has been an incredible year and what an adventure. As corny as this sounds we really bring out the best in each other and I love that about us. We have been through adjustment with lifestyle, building a house, camping:), school, and just life. It has been GREAT and I love it!! We started out our anniversay festivities the weekend after I graduated we went to a nice dinner and then attempted to eat the top of our cake...haha I was told to do it the first night of our honeymoon or to order another top of our cake in a year, I wanted to stick to tradition and eat OUR cake. It was the most discusting thing I had ever eaten of course I ate it first and saved B-Dawg the trouble of being grossed out...so we played with the fondant that had glitter...that was fun!! We had fun just dorkin around.We went to Disneyworld for our anniversary...it really is the happiest place on earth! It was a blast and we LOVED being kids for a few days. We flew all night and had a lay-over for a few hours. We arrived to our hotel at 9:00 a.m. and were so lucky to have our room ready...we took nap for a few and then it was off to Animal Kingdom which was awesome!! The best part of Animal Kingdom was the lion that we saw on the safari, he was gorgeous!! We played there for the rest of the day and headed to every park at least twice for the rest of our trip...the park hopper is AMAZING and fast passes ROCK!! We rode my favorite ride the rockin' roller coaster at least 6 times...no joke. The longest ride we waited for the entire trip was the safari and we waited about an hour...diseneyworld rocks and I love it. I cried on the way back to the airport (sad I know) when the sang M-I-C (see you real soon)K-E-Y (why? because we like you) M-O-U-S-E. I love it (for all you former Rockettes, do you remember Lori at nationals...ha ha that is how I felt I was giddy there). It was a great trip and I love being able to spend time with Brandon and I am so lucky that he stuck with me through our dating years with my shallow behavior, dumb girlness ( I know that is not a word), cheating (kind of...not in my world it wasn't cheating) self and married me!! What a guy...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...let's see...could you two get any cuter! NOPE!

{Rollins Family} said...

I'm glad to hear that you guys had fun. Your pictures are sure cute!

Kylee said...

Congrats on one year! And congrats on graduating as well! And I'm glad you realize not everyone would have stuck with you through all that dating drama. Glad he did though!

Amy Lou said...

We sure do!! Yay for one year.. Looked like a fun vacay!

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

So your hubby likes Nascar?? Who is his favorite driver?

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

Love turkey steaks, I have tried to master the skill of making them like Maddox's but I just can't get it right. Ben loves Jimmie Johnson! It more like an obsession. I wasn't a fan until I married Ben, and then in September we had the opportunity to go to the race in California, and I do have to say, it was really fun. We will probably go again sometime soon. Well at least Jr and Jimmie are both on the same team now. Haha!